This program is administered
by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
CA PCIP CLOSE OUT & OTHER COVERAGE OPTIONS
California no longer operates the federally funded Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) program. The California PCIP (CA PCIP) website is closing. Please note the important information below.
- CA PCIP subscribers were transitioned to the federally run PCIP program as of July 1, 2013. For information on the federally run PCIP, go to www.pcip.gov or call 1-866-717-5826 Monday-Friday 5:00 am to 8:00 pm PST (TTY: 1-866-561-1604).
- For benefits related questions on the federal PCIP program, go to www.pciplan.com, or, call 1-800-220-7898 Monday through Friday 5:00 am to 3:30 pm PST for assistance.
- CA PCIP Subscribers who have questions regarding medical services or claims prior to July 1, 2013, go to MyPCIP, or call 1-877-629-1500 (TTY: 1-800-908-9164) Monday through Friday, 6 am to 6 pm.
- CA PCIP subscriber with questions about eligibility appeals or correspondence prior to
July 1, 2013, contact:
- CA PCIP-P.O. Box 537032, Sacramento, CA 95853-7032
- Toll Free Phone: 1-877-428-5060 or Toll Free Fax: 1-877-430-0843 Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- The Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP), the California state high risk pool is still open for new enrollment and available for individuals with a pre-existing condition. Go to the MRMIP website at www.mrmib.ca.gov and click on the Major Risk Medical Insurance Program tab, or, call toll free 1-800-289-6574, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 7:00 pm. To apply for MRMIP, the fillable MRMIP PDF Application is available to fill out and print for fax submission through December 31, 2013.
- Beginning October 1, 2013, California residents can apply for affordable health insurance coverage through the new “Covered California” Exchange or through the Individual Insurance Market. Coverage starting January 1, 2014, through Covered California and the Individual Market has no annual or lifetime benefit limits and you cannot be denied for a pre-existing condition. For information on Covered California, go to www.CoveredCA.com, or call 1-800-300-1506, Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. For information on the Individual Insurance Market, contact an insurance broker or search for online plan information using einsurance.com, ehealthinsurance.com, or similar websites.